The face of a child

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

D....A....N....T....E

I did the trendy thing and painted the letters of Dante's name and hung them in his room. A few times he has pointed at them with an inquisitive grunt. So, I would said "D, A, N, T, E. That spells Dante," and point to each letter as I was saying it. This probably happened a total of 5 times spread out over a few months.

One night last week, he asked again about the letters, so I told him "D, A, N, T, E." Not really expecting a response I said, "What does that spell?" He said "Dante!" I was so excited that I had to get Brad to come in and hear him say it!

Then, a few nights ago, I said D.. and then paused to see if he would say them."...A...N...T...E." He knew them! A least, he memorized the order ;)

Ok, ok. I am not trying to say that my child is a wonderkid who knows how to spell his name at 23 months, but it is at least impressive that he was able to come up with all the letters without me further prompting him :D

No comments:

Post a Comment