The face of a child

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ohhh, Nooooo!

Dante has finally taken to reading books to himself. The problem is, really terrible things are happening in all of his books.

Let me rewind to about two weeks ago. I am merrily typing away on my computer (probably one of the bazillion essays I had to write recently.) Brad is also using his computer, presumably to look at obnoxious videos on YouTube. Dante is sitting on the floor in the living room reading a book, and we start to hear him talking.

"Ohhh, nooooo!" *Page turn* "Ohhhhh, nooooooo!" *Page turn*..... "Ohh, nooooo!"

Brad and I smile at each other.

Brad says "Man, whatever is happening in that book must be pretty devastating."

I had no idea why Dante had taken to exclaiming "Oh no!" while reading every single book. In fact, for a few weeks I could not figure out where he had even heard that phrase before. Last night, as I am reading to him, it comes to me.

"Still more--W! And X Y Z! The whole alphabet up the-- Ohhhhhhhhhh....."

No comments:

Post a Comment